We invite submissions of papers for oral and poster presentations. Submissions must be completed by the online submission system. Please note that symposium speakers are also required to submit their abstracts via the online submission system.
Please read through the submission guidelines below and proceed to the submission page.
*Complete registration before submitting an abstract.
View / Modify Abstract
Notification of Acceptance
Logging into the Online Submission System
- Submission Period
- Presentation Format & Language
Start: December 1(Fri), 2017
February 6(Tue), 2018 (Noon, JST)
Abstract submission deadline has been extended to February 13(Tue) (Noon, JST).
Abstract Submission has been closed.
※*Abstract submission will close earlier than registration.
※ Symposium organizers are expected to inform symposium speakers that they are required to submit their abstracts via the online submission system.
- The presenting author (first author) must submit the abstract; co-authors cannot submit or present.
- One person cannot submit multiple papers as a first author, including symposia. However, this excludes plenary lectures, special lectures, educational lectures, award lectures and luncheon seminars.
- The first and presenting author must be a member of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS). Nonmembers who wish to submit abstracts should join JNS first. For details, click here.
- It may take up to one week to issue your membership number. It is advised to initiate your membership well before the deadline. Please bear in mind that your abstract may be withdrawn if you, as a presenting author, have not completed the membership process by the time the program is finalized.
- Please also bear in mind that your abstract may be withdrawn if you, as a presenting author, have not completed payment of the annual membership fee.
- Invited speakers of symposia are not requested to join JNS. However, in order to encourage the participation of researchers in related fields, we welcome their new application for the membership at this occasion.
- If your membership is paused, please activate your membership prior to your abstract submission.
＜Contact for JNS membership registration / payment＞
Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS)
3．Presentation Format & Language
You can indicate your preference for either an oral or poster presentation when you submit an abstract for regular presentations. The final decision, however, will be up to the Program Committee. You will be informed of the acceptance of your presentation, together with the format (oral or poster) and schedule.
Please kindly be noted that we cannot meet all requests.
*some lectures will be delivered in Japanese.
| Special Educational Lectures
||English (Japanese is permitted)
*Posters must be created in English.
１）Symposia (designated presenters only)
- Please consult the session chair beforehand concerning your presentation time.
- Choose appropriate research themes from the list of categories. Please kindly note that your presentation may belong to a different category than what you choose at the Program Committee’s discretion.
- Presentations should be in English. Discussion in Japanese is allowed.
- Each oral presentation (including discussion) is 15 minutes. However, the presentation time may be changed depending on the number of applicants.
- Please create your poster in English.
- Information such as poster size will be announced on the website as soon as it is finalized.
＜Junior Investigator Poster Award＞
There will be an award for the best poster presented by undergraduate students.
Candidates of this award are presenters who are undergraduate students at the time of abstract submission
＜Industry-Academia Collaboration Poster Presentations＞
We invite the submission of papers that deeply collaborate with industry or areas associated with application to industry as “Industry-Academia Collaboration Poster Presentations”.
These poster presentations are scheduled on the same day as Industry-Academia Collaboration Projects, which will be held on the first day of the meeting.
We look forward to receiving submissions as an opportunity to deepen discussions with participants from industry.
- To apply for Industry-Academia Collaboration Poster Presentations, check the “Industry-Academia Collaboration; / Associated with Application to Industry” box on the abstract submission page. At that time, please confirm that you meet the criteria shown on the page. Please kindly note that we may not be able to fulfill all requests, depending on the number of applicants.
- Please prepare your poster in English. Additionally, please prepare a
handout summarizing your work in order to explain more clearly to
participants from industry, and distribute it to interested parties during
the poster session.
１）Prior to Submission
Registration is necessary before abstract submission. To register, please click “Registration & Abstract Submission” or visit the "Registration" page.
２）Log in to the Online Submission System
After you complete the registration, the “Abstract Submission” button will appear. Click it to proceed to abstract submission.
If you close the registration page after completing registration without submitting your abstract, go to the URL that will be emailed to you upon completion of registration or click “Confirm or Modify Your Registration” button on “Registration” page and then log in and click “Abstract Submission” to submit an abstract.
３）Process from Abstract Entry to Completion
- Follow the direction on the abstract submission screen, and fill in the required fields.
- Once you complete abstract submission, you will receive an automatically-generated confirmation email. If you do not receive this email within 60 minutes, your abstract submission may not have been completed successfully. In that case, please check and submit your abstract again if necessary.
- Platform dependent characters may not display correctly in the confirmation email depending on your PC’s configuration. This is not a problem as long as they display correctly on the abstract submission screen.
- Your abstract number and password will be shown in the confirmation email. You need this number and password to view or modify your abstract or to send an inquiry to the Secretariat. Print out the page or save it on your computer to be sure to keep them safe.
- Enter the following items:
- Preferred presentation format
- Names of authors (no more than 20 authors including presenting author)
- Affiliated institutions (no more than 20 institutions)
- First and presenting author’s contact info
- Email address (for registration confirmation and result notification)
- Presentation title
- Abstract body
- Research funding name
- Align the abstract body to the left without any spaces. Do not include the abstract title, names of authors and institutions in the abstract body.
２）Length of Abstract
- The length of an abstract body should be 2,500 characters or less including spaces. After all required fields are filled, click “Next” to confirm the number of characters you have entered. Please note that an abstract with more than 2,500 characters cannot be registered.
- Enter English using the Latin alphabet.
- To use characters with accents or other markings, you can copy and paste them from the character list on the submission screen. The following are some examples of special characters. You can find more on the submission screen.
①Symbols / Greek Characters
(ex) p<0.05 → p<0.05.
(ex) βblocker→ βblocker.
②Font Change / Decoration
To change fonts or decorate, you can copy and paste the tags below or on the registration page if necessary to make your abstract more accurate.
*Place the tags before and after the words you want to change the font of or decorate.
start a new line after BR
If you want to use “
<” or “>
” (greater-than / less-than signs) in your abstract, enter “<” for “
<” or “>” for “>
”, in order to avoid confusion with special character code “
<>” (angle brackets).
6）View / Modify Abstract
You can view or modify your abstract during the abstract submission period. Click “View / Modify / Delete Abstract” button at the bottom of this page, then log in with your abstract number and password.
Neither modifications nor additions can be made to your submitted abstract once the abstract submission period has been closed.Please ensure that your submission is accurate and that no authors, affiliations and other information have been accidentally omitted, since your submission will be published as is.
The abstract submission system and the registration system are two different systems. Modifications you make in one will not be reflected in the other. You must update the content of both pages separately when making modifications.
7）Notification of Acceptance
Once the program is finalized, applications will receive notifications of acceptance / non-acceptance at the beginning of April. The notifications of acceptance will include information such as presentation schedule, format and room. The decision on abstract acceptance is entirely up to the Program Committee. Please note that the abstracts of symposia speakers may also be checked by the Program Committee.
- Retain your abstract number and password. For security reasons, the Secretariat is not able to respond to inquiries concerning abstract numbers and passwords.
- Neither modification nor addition will be accepted for any reason once abstract submission has closed. Please note that no special cases will be entertained.
- In principle, we will not proofread submitted abstracts. Please ensure that your abstract is ready for publication when you submit it.
- First authors are required to obtain co-authors’ consent prior to submission.
- Before the meeting, accepted abstracts will be released to the public through the JNS Meeting Planner 2017 at the beginning of July, 2017. Please contact the JNS Secretariat for the exact date of release at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need “Certificate of Presentation for patent application based on the Patent Act Article 30”, please contact the JNS Secretariat at email@example.com.
Windows: Internet Explorer 11
Mac OS: Safari 9.1 and later
Mozilla Firefox: 49.0 and later
Google Chrome: 54.0 and later
You must have Java Script enabled to complete abstract submission.
9）Logging in to the Online Submission System
Japan Neuroscience Society
9F Hongo Bldg., 7-2-2 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan