The List of Travel Grant Candidates
Neuroscience2018 Travel Award
- Mehdi Adibi Sede (International School for Advanced Studies)
- Ana Armada-Moreira (Universidade de Lisboa)
- Zoltan Balogh (Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- Leilei Chen (Hong Kong Baptist University)
- Gang Chen (Nantong University)
- Sungkun Chun (Chonbuk National University)
- Valentin Coppola (Federal University of Parana)
- Oscar Cordero Llana (University of Bristol)
- Juan Deng (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
- Laura Han (VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam Neuroscience, GGZ inGeest, Amsterdam Public Health research institute)
- Yu-Wen Huang (Stanford University)
- Yunju Jin (Institute for Basic Science)
- Seungwoo Kang (Mayo Clinic College of Medicine)
- Upasana Kapoor (Indian Academy of Neurosciences)
- Petrina Lau (Medical Research Council Harwell Institute)
- Sung Hoon Lee (Chung-Ang University)
- Kailash Manda (Institute of Nuclear Medicine & Allied Sciences, Delhi)
- Anna Papazoglou (Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices)
- Dipanjan Ray (National Brain Research Centre)
- Esmail Riahi (Tehran University of Medical Sciences)
- Jinsoo Seo (Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute of Science and Technology)
- Amir Shojaei (Faculty of medical sciences, Tarbiat Modares University)
- Prachi Srivastava (AMITY University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus)
- Angelo Tedoldi (University of Queensland)
- Alejandro Tsai Cabal (Friedrich Miescher Institute)
- Haley Vecchiarelli (Calgary University)
- Yi Wang (University of Zhejiang)
- Yayun Wang (The Fourth Military Medical University)
- Xiangnan Zhang (Zhejiang University)
SfN (Society for Neuroscience)- JNS (Japan Neuroscience Society) Exchange Travel Award
- Zachary Brodnik (Drexel University)
- Lauren Chaby (University of Michigan)
- Kun-Che Chang (Stanford University)
- James Delorme (University of Michigan)
- Ashley Russell (Uniformed Services University)
FENS (Federation of European Neuroscience Societies) - JNS (Japan Neuroscience Society) Young Researchers Exchange Program Travel Award
- Fernando Caravaggio (University of Toronto)
- Africa Flores (Autonomous University of Barcelona)
- Min Liu (National University of Ireland )
International Brain Research Organization, Asia Pacific Region Committee Travel and short stay grant
- Shiyana Arora（Panjab University）
- Rashmi KS（Manipal Academy of Higher Education）
- Ming Tatt Lee（National Taiwan University）
- Indra Pal（All India Institute of Medical Sciences）
- Balenahalli Narasingappa Ramesh (College of Agriculture, Hassan, University of Agricultural Sciences)
International Brain Research Organization International Travel Grants Award
- Meghraj Singh Baghel（Banaras Hindu University）
Travel Award Guidelines for Neuroscience 2018
The registration system prevents double registration. If you have already registered for the meeting through our website, you need to cancel your earlier registration and re-apply for the award. Contact the JNS office regarding cancelations, or with any other inquiries, at email@example.com.
Unsuccessful applicants who would like to join the 41st annual meeting need to re-register for the annual meeting with payment of the registration fee for the annual meeting.
Neuroscience 2018 offers Travel Awards to enthusiastic, leading, non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high-quality papers at the meeting. Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged.
The funding for travel will be between 40,000–150,000 JPY per award, depending on the travel distance. Applicants from Asian-Pacific countries are particularly encouraged. The awardees will also be exempt from the registration fee for the annual meeting.
Please be advised that persons from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
Each society has set their own deadline date and guideline. Please follow their instruction.
For further information, please contact your society offices below;
China: the Chinese Neuroscience Society
South Korea: the Korean Society for Brain and Neural Science (KSBNS)
India: Indian Academy of Neurosciences (IAN)
Iran: the Iranian Neuroscience Society (INS)
Call for Travel Award Application (PDF)
- A certificate will be conferred at an award ceremony during the reception. Recipients are invited to the reception to be held on DAY 2 of the meeting.
- The annual meeting registration fee is waived only for successful applicants.
- Recipients receive partial support for travel expenses (airfare from the recipient's country of residence to Japan, and domestic transportation fees in Japan).
- Accommodation will be provided for recipients from July 25th (check-in) to 29th, (check-out): four nights, single-room. The hotel will most likely be located near the conference venue.
- To facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan, recipients are invited and required to attend and present a poster at the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers (This is a get-together party on July 25th, 2018, the day before the Annual Meeting).
- Once your application has been accepted, the organizers will determine the appropriate amount of support for economy-class flights from your country.
- The amount of the Travel Award will not be increased under any circumstances. Each recipient must bear any additional expenses.
- Recipients will receive the cash prize (in Japanese yen) and certificate on DAY 3 at the meeting venue.
- Accommodation at the designated hotel will only be covered from July 25th (check-in) to 29th, (check-out).
- Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choosing or stay extra nights. The Neuroscience 2018 Secretariat is in charge of hotel booking arrangements.
Please contact the Neuroscience 2018 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding hotel bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendance and poster presentation (of a poster of your choosing) at the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers, as well as a main oral or poster presentation at Neuroscience 2018, are mandatory.
- One poster presentation at the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers.
- One poster or oral presentation at the Neuroscience 2018 meeting.
- Award recipients who do not attend Neuroscience 2018 will have their award revoked.
- If a single presentation has multiple authors, only one main author is eligible.
- Participants can only give one main oral or poster presentation at the 4-day meeting as the first author.
- Participants who require a visa must obtain the visa themselves. The meeting organizers will provide necessary visa documents upon request. With the documents we provide, we support your stay only for the 4-day conference plus 3 days. Please contact the Neuroscience 2018 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding visa applications at email@example.com.
- All presenters at Neuroscience 2018 must be official members of the Japan Neuroscience Society. Those who reside outside Japan and participate in the Society’s Annual Meeting can become Overseas Regular or Overseas Student Members and will be exempt from payment of the Society’s admission fee and membership fee only for the fiscal year 2018 which ends on December 31st, 2018. You will be asked to pay for the annual membership fee for the fiscal year 2019 if you wish to hold the JNS membership next year.
- You do not need to register for JNS membership at time of application for the travel award. Upon acceptance, the JNS office will contact successful applicants and provide instruction for membership registration. Please register for membership after you receive it.
How to Apply for the Travel Award
Please read the following instructions and go to the application site.
- Prepare the following four documents in MS Word or PDF format.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Electronic copy of your passport (only the page where the photograph of your face appears)
- Abstract describing your Neuroscience 2018 presentation
For details regarding abstract format, please see the Call for Papers section in the Annual Meeting homepage
- Upload these documents through our web page. After uploading documents 1)–3), you will be directed to the Abstract Submission Page, where you can submit document 4).
- Letter of Recommendation
- Graduate students/Postdoctoral fellows:
Ask two referees for the letters of recommendation (MS Word or PDF form).
One letter must be from the applicant’s current supervisor. The letter should be no more than one page in length.
Type in two email address of your referees and we will send them instruction on the submission of the letter of recommendation.
- Young principal investigators/Senior postdoctoral fellows:
No recommendation letter is required.
Registration: December 1st, 2017 to January 9th, 2018
Registration Check submitted content
Timeline for Neuroscience 2018 (tentative)
Notification to Travel Award Winners
Confirmation of attendance
Completion of Society Membership application (for successful applicants only)
Notification of presentation date and format
Other Travel Grants
FENS offers travel grants:Register Now
FENS provides travel grants to help young investigators, PhD or MSc students to attend the 41st Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society (New Horizon of Neuroscience: Kobe Convention Center, Japan, 26-29 July 2018).
These grants - of up to € 1.200 each - are intended to cover the associated travel expenses of the awardees. The registration fee for the travel awardees to the Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society in 2018 is waived.
Applications deadline: 5 January 2018.
SfN offers travel grants: Register Now
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) and the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) provide a joint travel award exchange program for graduate students who have reached PhD candidacy or postdoctoral fellows to attend their respective meetings. SfN will provide five awards up to $2,000 to members from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to attend the Japan Neuroscience Society Meeting in Kobe, Japan from July 26-29, 2018.
The deadline is January 9, 2018 5 p.m. EST.
IBRO-APRC Travel and Short Stay Grants 2018: Apply Now
This grant supports combined trips of applicants currently working in APRC countries to attend neuroscience meetings in other APRC countries and visit a laboratory in the country where the meeting is held.
Application form deadline: 15th January 2018 (11:59 p.m. CET )